Terms and Conditions
Carr Mount Estate Holiday Cottages – Terms and Conditions
All bookings, however made, are accepted by Carr Mount Estate Ltd (CME) on the following terms and conditions:
- Bookings are for the hire of the Property for holiday purposes only. For the period of the booking you will be responsible for the Property and will be expected to take all reasonable care of it.
- Should a guest have any health or mobility issues this must be raised at the time of booking so CME can assess the suitability of the Property.
- The lead name must be over 18 years of age and is responsible for payment
Booking and Payment
- Bookings are not confirmed until CME are in receipt of a 20% deposit (or the full amount if less than 8 weeks to arrival). The deposit is non-returnable.
- Balance payments are due 8 weeks prior to arrival. If payment is not received by 8 weeks prior to arrival CME reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- Credit Card payments will incur a surcharge of 2%. There is no charge for payment by Debit Card. Cheques should be made payable to Carr Mount Estate Ltd. Bank Details for transfers; Sort Code 18-00-02; Account Number 05471427.
- Prices include VAT and as such are subject to change.
- CME reserves the right to alter our terms and conditions without prior notification.
Cancellation and Insurance
- In the event of cancellation CME will normally, but at our total discretion, refund the cost of your booking less the deposit, subject to the Property being re-let.
- CME reserves the right to cancel the booking in the event of any Property being rendered unusable for reasons outside of our control. In such circumstances our liability will be limited to the extent of any payments already received by CME without interest.
- CME recommend guests arrange holiday insurance to cover cancellation and other usual risks.
- If, on arrival, you find any damaged or non-working items these must be reported to CME immediately so matters can be rectified. CME has the right to enter the Property to assess and carry out repairs.
- Properties, all equipment and utensils are to be left clean and tidy or CME reserve the right to make a surcharge.
- Breakages should be reported to CME as soon as possible and CME reserve the right to make a surcharge, which shall be payable on demand. CME will not normally charge for minor damage or breakage but may do so in the event of extra cleaning or where damage or breakage is beyond what would reasonably be expected. In this event CME also reserve the right to refuse further bookings.
- Smoking is not permitted in any CME Property.
- The number of guests confirmed must not be exceeded. CME reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
- The lead name agrees to take responsibility for all guests
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome in some Properties as detailed in the Property particulars. Dogs are not permitted on furniture or upstairs. Pets must at no time be left unsupervised at the Property.
- If you are dissatisfied with the service and/or facilities CME must be notified immediately so the situation can be assessed and any necessary action taken. In no circumstances can compensation be made for complaints that are made after the period of hire has ended, or where CME has been denied the opportunity to rectify matters during the period of hire.
- In all cases English Law prevails.
CME is happy to offer Short Breaks of 2 or more nights subject to availability .
2 or 3 nights – 75% of the normal weekly rate
4 nights – 85% of the normal weekly rate
5 nights – 90% of the normal weekly rate
6 nights – 95% of the normal weekly rate